Friday, May 9, 2008

Try Backlinks

I told my friend tonsh to turn on backlinks on her blog. What are backlinks? A quick answer is "backlinks display other webpages that link to your posts". If you turn on backlinks, and if another webpage contains a link to one of your post, you can see a link to that webpage. It is similar to "trackback". Trackback is a method to join different blogs. For example, if you see an interesting article on other's blog and want to post an article about it on your own blog, you can use trackback. Your blog will send a short message to the other's to tell that blog: hey, I'm interested about you, my link's url is ... Then your article's link will appear on his blog.

But blogger.com doesn't support trackback, it uses "backlink" instead. You need only add a link to a post which is on blogger.com in your article. After a while (maybe a few days), a link to your post will appear below his article. Backlink depends on Blogger Search Engine.

Let me try it. Here is a link to one of my friend's posts. When will it appear on the post?

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

I told my friend tonsh to turn on backlinks on her blog. What are backlinks? A quick answer is "backlinks display other webpages that link to your posts. high pr blog commenting service